After the wedding activities and all of the events leading up to the big day, it’s now time for the two of you to relax and spend time together as you begin your new life. Picking the ultimate Honeymoon is more art than science. And it is important that the two of you understand the wants and needs of each as individuals. So the first thing to do is talk about what you want to do on your honeymoon. Do you want to relax on the beach? Spend time in the room getting to know each other? Go sightseeing? Take on extreme adventures? You both may want to do different things. It is our job as travel agents to ask these questions and come up with a honeymoon plan that will meet the needs of both of you.
When we begin discussions, we also ask what is the budget?, how many nights?, and preferences for the type of honeymoon. And the options are as varied as the couples who come to us. You can go on a cruise, stay at an all-inclusive resort, go camping in the wilderness, take a driving vacation, stay in low priced hotels or go all out and stay in five star or even six star properties. Its all about the both of you and what you can afford in time and money.
Some couples take a short honeymoon in Vegas. Others go for a three week trip to Southeast Asia and stay at high end properties. Our most popular destinations are Hawaii, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Here are some ideas for the Ultimate Honeymoon, based on the input we have had from couples who we have created honeymoons for…
- Stay at the increasingly popular island of Antigua at an adults only all-inclusive resort like Galley Bay, or a boutique hotel like Blue Waters.
- Visit the legendary Raffles Hotel in Singapore where the service is legendary, and is where the Singapore Sling cocktail started. And sample the amazing cuisine from this region.
- Visit the romantic island of St. Lucia and stay at the spectacular Ladera or the Capella Marigot Bay. And don’t miss the world’s only volcano you can drive through.
- Stay at Richard Branson’s Necker Island in the Caribbean. It will cost a lot to rent the whole island for the two of you, but if you do, you will have a one of a kind ultimate honeymoon. Necker was heavily damaged by hurricane and is being rebuilt to accommodate guests by October 2018.
- Visit the ABC islands of Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao. These islands are just a stones throw from Venezuela and are perfect for active honeymooners and those who would go during the peak hurricane season of July to November as they lie below the path of hurricanes. Colorful Curacao is my favorite place of these three.
- Take in a safari in South Africa’s Sabi Sands at Dulini River Lodge, or Richard Branson’s Ulusaba resort. Both offer luxury accommodations with your own private pool. There are other lodges in Sabi, and other private reserves adjacent to the Kruger Park. And other countries like Tanzania and Botswana to see the big five. Perhaps adding gorilla trekking in Uganda.
- Visit Phuket Island in Thailand and stay at the Banyan Tree Phuket in one of their suites with a private pool. They even have one that has TWO private pools. Ride an elephant here.
- One more recommendation with a private pool is The Plein Soliel in Martinique in the Caribbean. So very French. So very romantic.C’est magnifique.
- Visit Caribbean’s St. Kitts. Not easy to get to, but worth the travel to one of the most unique romantic Caribbean Islands.The new Park Hyatt is a great place to stay.
- It will cost you, but romantic St. Barth’s is the place where the worlds movers and shakers go to relax and get away from everything. There are not a lot of resorts here on this French Caribbean island, but they are some of the best you can find anywhere. We suggest Le Village and Les Ilets de la Plage.
- Rent a villa with a private pool, and cook in Jamaica, Italy, Greece, or any one of a hundred other locations in the world. Most villas will only rent Saturday to Saturday for weekly blocks, but if off season and no reservation within 3 months, most villas will be flexible on dates. It is best to book these 12-18 months ahead of time.
- Go for an eco-adventure and explore Costa Rica’s diverse landscapes in the rainforest, volcano region, or the Guanacaste beach region. Stay at the Laguna Lodge in Tortuguero and Hotel Magic Mountain in the Arenal district. The rooms are spartan by world standards, but the experiences are incredible.
- Take a big island vacation to Jamaica, sample rum, Blue Mountain coffee, climb a waterfall and stay at legendary places like Half Moon, Sandals or Round Hill.
- Take one of the small ship cruises to locations that the large ships cannot go. Examples include Windstar, and Star Clippers.
Think this is a long list? We have only gotten started! We could go on and on, but we’d rather spend the time focusing on your specific needs.
We have tons of ideas on a honeymoon location. Put us to work finding the right place for you. You will build a memory with your loved one that will last a lifetime.